Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Marylin Manson's Alice in Wonderland


I am not a fan at all of Marylin Manson's music, but if you have ever watched an interview with Manson it is obvious that he is EXTREMELY intelligent and really his image is just part of his marketing genius. It's all an act. I did some research about this Phantasmagoria movie he is making that is based on Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass. I also found that his most recent album was called "Eat me/Drink me" which most Manson fans would probably think was just more sexually masochistic heavy metal, but we English majors know it's a reference to Wonderland.

A Manson quote about Phantasmagoria:
"It's about Lewis Carroll and how he became a persona much more bizarre and elaborate than Marilyn Manson. Charles Dodgson was his real name, and he was a person who had a tortured inability to find love and to find happiness in his life, and his story is one of great depression. It's one of a split personality - a person who was deaf in his right ear and left-handed. He was a mathematician and an artist, a deacon in a church who believed in evolution."

I think this is a film we should keep our eyes open for in 2009/2010

I have also attached a picture from the film.

No comments: